What are the Documents that OFWs Need to Submit to DFA for Red Ribbon?

One of the many requirements for Filipinos who wants to live or work abroad is having their necessary documents be authenticated or red ribboned by DFA.

The Department of Foreign Affairs is the only government arm who officially red ribboned documents for Filipinos.  The DFA red ribbon is to show that your documents have been confirmed and found to be genuine.

Depending on what your foreign employer, through POEA-licensed agencies requires you to pass for you to work abroad, the following are the list of documents red ribbon by DFA.

1. Birth/Marriage/Death Certificate or Certificate of No Marriage Record (Cenomar) – These must be in security paper that is issued by NSO or have been certified/authenticated by NSO. In cases of unreadable entries from NSO,  Local Civil Registrar (LCR) copy of listed documents may be required.

2. Transcript of Records (TOR) and Diploma (Collegiate Level) – Should be certified true copy from the school. You should also have a Certificate of Authentication and Verification (CAV) from the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).

3. Transcript of Records (TOR) and Diploma (For State Colleges and Universities) – Certified true copy from the school and a certificate of authentication and verification (CAV) from the school signed by the School/University Registrar.

4. Transcript of Records (TOR) and Diploma (Technical or Vocational Courses) – Certified true copies from the school and certificate of authentication and verification (CAV) from Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).

5. Form 137 and Diploma (High School and Elementary Level) – certified true copies from the school, School Principal’s certification, Division Superintendent’s endorsement to Dep-Ed Regional Office and CAV from DepEd Regional Office.

6. Medical/ AIDS Free Certificate – Must be authenticated by the Department of Health (DOH). This is usually for countries like Spain, Palau, Libya, Oman, Cuba, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus and Angola.

7. Professional Licenses/ Board Certificates/ Board Ratings/ Certifications – certified true copies must be authenticated by the Professional Regulations Commission (PRC).

8. Certificate of Employment/ Trainings/ Seminars, Baptismal Certificate and other documents issued by a private entity – Secure first an affidavit, stating necessary factual circumstances and indicating certificates as annex or attachment.  Have the affidavit notarized.  Secure then a Certificate of Authority for a Notarial Act (CANA) signed by the Executive Judge or Vice Executive Judge from the Regional Trial court which issued the commission of the Notary Public.

9. NBI Clearances – NBI Clearances for travel abroad must be issued by the National Bureau of Investigation, usually the color green.

10. Police Clearances – signed by the Chief of Police of where the applicant resides, or a police certification from Directorate for Intelligence Clearance in Camp Crame.

11. Barangay Clearances – issued by the barangay which has jurisdiction on the apllicant’s residence and should be authenticated by the Office of the Mayor who has jurisdiction over the barangay.

12. Immigration Records certified by the Bureau of Immigration (BI).

(Source: OFWGuide.com)

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker