Filipinos boarding an airplane should be aware of what is allowed to bring on board in their hand carry luggage to avoid annoying delays at the airport’s security check. It is then important to pack only what you can so that you don’t have to discard valuable items later just because they don’t meet airline regulations.
What you can bring on board in your hand carry:
- Electronic gadgets like laptops, mobile phones, and cameras
- Fragile and valuable items
- Cash or any items of monetary value, like credit cards, traveller’s cheques, money orders, etc.
- Important documents like passports, personal documents, etc.
- Essential medicines such as inhalers and liquid dietary foodstuffs with supporting documentation from the doctor.
- Liquids like water, soup, syrups, cosmetics and toiletries like creams lotions, oils, perfumes, and toothpaste that are 100 ml or less should be in a sealedtransparent plastic bag which is approximately 20 cm x 20 cm and can hold no more than a litre.
- Baby food of various consistencies, baby milk, sterilized water which must be in a baby bottle, and breast milk or formula.
What you can’t bring on board:
- Sharp items like knives, razor blades, box cutters, scissors, ice picks, etc.
- Projectile-firing weapons which includes firearms, toy guns, imitation guns, airguns, pellet guns, flare guns, slingshots, bows or crossbows, arrows, and catapults.
- Stunning devices and incapacitating devices including stun guns, tear gas, pepper sprays, etc.
- Tools like drills and drill bits, screwdrivers, chisels, nail guns, blowtorches, and others.
- Blunt instruments that include baseball bats, batons, night sticks, and martial arts equipment.
- Cigarette lighters.
- Flammable liquids and solids.
- Instruments containing magnets.
- Fireworks and pyrotechnics.
- Non-safety matches.
These items should be noted to ensure a smooth flow of airport security check and to prevent any cause of delays that will greatly affect your flight schedule. OFWs travelling to work abroad should abstain from packing unnecessary items to avoid excess baggage and other hassles.