As of Saturday morning, the Philippine government has not received reports of any Filipino casualty from terrorist attacks in Kuwait, Tunisia, and France, Malacañang said.
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte also relayed the Philippines’ condolences to the people of the three countries.
“So far we have not received any reports of any Filipino casualty in those unfortunate incidents,” she said on state-run dzRB radio.
The Department of Foreign Affairs went overtime Friday night to check if Filipinos were among the casualties, she said.
Meanwhile, Valte relayed the Philippines’ condolences to the victims in the countries being hit terror attacks.
“Nakikiramay tayo sa … kaibigang bansa na nawalan ng mamamayan dahil sa pag-atakeng yan,” she said.
An earlier report on CNN said ISIS had claimed responsibility for the attack on a seaside resort hotel in Tunisia that killed at least 37 people and wounded at least 36 others.
Also, ISIS claimed responsibility for a reported bomb blast at a mosque in Kuwait’s capital. At least 25 were reported dead.
In France, a man reportedly caused an explosion at a chemical plant near Lyon after beheading his boss.