PhilHealth for Overseas Filipino Workers

Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) are also entitled to affordable health care services and a health insurance coverage through PhilHealth. Also known as the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation, PhilHealth aims to ensure that every Filipino has fair access to health-related services – may it be for preventive, curative, rehabilitative and diagnostic purposes. Its core values are innovation, quality service, utmost integrity, equity, social solidarity and total care.

The following OFWs are qualified to avail of Philhealth Benefits:
+ Active land-based OFWs who went through the normal registration process at POEA offices.
+ If the OFW is already abroad but has not yet registered, he/she may do so at the Philippine Consulate.
**Note: Seafarers and other sea-based OFWs are classified under the locally employed members.

+Legal spouse (non-member or whose membership is inactive)
+ Child or children – legitimate, legitimated, acknowledged and illegitimate (as appearing in birth certificate) adopted or stepchild or stepchildren below 21 years of age, unmarried and unemployed.
+ Child or children – 21 years old or above but suffering from congenital disability, either physical or mental, or any disability acquired that renders them totally dependent on the member for support.

+ Parents (non-members or membership is inactive) who are 60 years old and above, including stepparents (biological parents already deceased) and adoptive parents (with adoption papers).
*Qualified dependents shall be entitled to a separate coverage of up to 45 days per calendar year. However, the 45 days allowance shall be shared among them.
**Important: Qualified dependents must be declared by the principal member. Their names must be listed under the principal member’s Member Data Record (MDR) to ensure hassle-free benefits availment


If you’re in the Philippines:
+ Duly accomplished duplicate copies of the Philhealth Member Registration Form (PMRF)
+ Supporting documents for legal dependents to be declared
+ Any proof of being an active OFW

+ A payment of the corresponding premium contribution to any Philhealth Office

If overseas, submit at the Philippine Consulate:
+ Duly accomplished Philhealth Premium Payment Slip (PPPS)
+ Duplicate copies of the Philhealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) – for initial registration
+ Any of the following: Birth Certificate, Baptismal Certificate, SSS ID, POEA e-Card, Company ID, Passport, any valid ID

+ Pay the corresponding premium contribution of P2400 or its equivalent in the local currency of the host country.

Submit duly accomplished PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) for the following:
Correction Or Change Of Name:

  • Original or Certified True Copy (CTC) of birth certificate or any two of the following:
  • Marriage Contract/Certificate, (if married)
  • Passport
  • NBI Clearance
  • PRC ID
  • Postal ID
  • Driver’s License
  • Alien Certificate of Registration or (ACR)
  • Duly notarized Joint Affidavit of Two (2) Disinterested Persons attesting to the veracity of the

Correction Of Date Of Birth:

  • Original or CTC of birth certificate, or any two (2) of the supporting documents mentioned above except for PRC ID and joint affidavit.

Change Of Civil Status:

  • Single to Married – Original or CTC of Marriage Contract / Certificate
  • Married to Widowed –  Original or CTC of Death Certificate of spouse or Judicial Declaration of Presumptive Death
  • Marriage Annulled – Original or CTC of annulment papers

New / Additional Dependents:

  • Legal spouse –  CTC of Marriage Contract / Certificate
  • Legitimate or illegitimate children – CTC of the Birth Certificate
  • Stepchild/children – CTC of Marriage Contract / Certificate between the natural parent and the stepfather/mother and Birth Certificate/s of the dependent stepchild/children
  • Disabled child/children 21 years old and above – CTC of Birth Certificate and Certification from attending physician stating dependent is disabled
  • Adopted child/children – Court Decree of Adoption
  • Parents – CTC of Birth Certificate of member and any proof attesting to the date of birth of the parents


Use the PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) to shift from one membership category to another.

If currently waiting for another overseas contract or if no longer an active OFW:
Register as an Individually Paying Member and pay the required premiums at any accredited payment center.

If gaining formal employment in the Philippines:
Provide your employer with your PhilHealth Identification Number (PIN) which they will use when remitting and reporting your premium contributions as an Employed Member.

If already 60 years old, have contributed at least 120 monthly premiums, and not gainfully employed:
Register as a Lifetime Member to enjoy continued coverage without having to contribute any premium anymore.


Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker