(Udated 9:12 p.m.) The Islamic State jihadist group claimed gun and bomb attacks that left more than 120 people dead in Paris in a statement posted online on Saturday.
It said “eight brothers wearing explosive belts and carrying assault rifles” conducted a “blessed attack on… Crusader France.”
The statement, published in both Arabic and French, threatened further attacks against France “as long as it continues its Crusader campaign.”
It said the targets of Friday’s attacks, which included the national sports stadium and the Bataclan concert hall, “were carefully chosen”.
It said France was guilty of “striking Muslims in the caliphate with their aircraft.”
France is part of a US-led coalition conducting an air war against IS in Syria and Iraq, where IS declared a caliphate last year after seizing swathes of both countries.
It has carried out air strikes in Iraq for more than a year but extended them to Syria in September.
French President Francois Hollande had already blamed IS, calling the coordinated assault an “act of war… committed by a terrorist army, Daesh, against France”, using another term for IS.
Multiple locations in Paris, France were targeted by terrorists on Friday (Saturday Philippine Time).
Bombing and shooting attacks were launched on public venues including the Stade de France, which was hosting a France-Germany soccer match, the Bataclan Theater, where a concert was taking taking place, and restaurants La Petit Cambodge and Rue de Charonne.
There were also reports of a shooting insident in Les Halles, a food market, but these are yet to be confirmed.